Sunday, January 29, 2012

Easiest pork ever + another Sunday FUNday with my little man!!

Who would've thought that I could make pulled pork in my crock pot using only three ingredients including the pork??!! Well I'm pretty sure plenty of people before me already know this...and it is crazy yummy!!

Pulled pork made with Root Beer in the crock pot! You can use Coke, Dr. Pepper, or another soda of your liking as well. I even read that someone using orange with chicken (I may try that one later too).

Any-who back to today's Sunday dinner:


see I told you...crazy easy. Oh ignore the garlic please...I considered tossing some in (seriously I can't help myself, I seem to feel everything needs garlic! It's like Paula Dean & butter...), but didn't, instead I added salt, pepper, & no salt garlic & herb seasoning to the pork before setting it in the crock pot.

Hmmm how did little man & I pass the time since we were home all day you might ask??
 Winnie the Pooh Movie time with Pooh, Baby Elephant, & Little Foot....this was the first of two times we watched it today....reminded me of the millions of times I "got" to watch the Care Bear movies with T (my brother)...oh well the snuggles make it all worth it with my little man. At least it's not Barney!!!
He melts my heart every day. So sweet! The wall behind little man, is the wall we are thinking about doing chalkboard paint halfway up...has anyone done that?? Success or not so much??

Most of the pork cooking happened while little man was sleeping, and this momma was reading The Hunger Games. OhMmmGeee, it is a great book!! If you haven't read it, I highly recommend, in fact if I wasn't typing this right now I would be reading it!!!

 Shredding time!!! again crazy easy...hmm do you see a pattern here by chance??
 and ready for buns....yummmm

Root Beer Crock Pot Pulled Pork

2 lb Pork Loin (mine was 1.5)
12 oz (one can) Root Beer
1 18 oz bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy to balance the sweet soda)

I rubbed salt, pepper, & galic/herb seasoning on the pork. Set pork in crock pot, pour Root Beer over it. Set on Low, and cook for 5 - 6 hours (depending on size & your crock pot, mine was finished in 4.5). Take pork out and shred, dump root beer out, and put pork back in. Mix the bbq sauce in with the pork, and cook for another hour. You can leave it on warm if needed until time to eat. This recipe makes 8 servings.

We also made these tasty fries as our side dish for the evening....

There is no better french fry to me than the simple homemade ones with garlic pepper!! My hubs makes waaayyy better ones than me, but these were pretty good if I do say so myself (well no one complained anyway...)

Happy Monday eve everyone!! I am headed to the couch to read my book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment